How To Create A Gig On Fiverr
On this page, you will find a tutorial on how to set up your Fiverr seller account and how to create a Fiverr gig. I have also included some Fiverr gig examples with some free tools you can use to get started as a freelancer and make money from home.
My goal is to make the whole process, from account creation to service offering, the easier possible. Before we start the step-by-step tutorials, just a few words on how you can benefit from being a freelancer on this platform.
Fiverr is the most popular freelancing platform, and you can sell various types of services. Keep in mind that Fiverr is just like Amazon but for digital outsourcing services. They have more than 3.4 million active buyers that need Freelancers for almost anything you can imagine.
Some people are on the platform because they need help to develop their business, and others for personal reasons, such as creating wedding invitations. I personally use the platform for content creation for my websites, YouTube Channels, and social media accounts. By outsourcing part of my daily tasks, I was able to build more than six websites without hiring any employees.
Once you sign up you can choose between a buyer and a seller account. The regular buyer account allows you to make purchases and find freelancers. And, it is possible to change from buyer to seller on Fiver at any time. Now, before creating your first gig, you will need to have a Fiverr seller account.
To start selling on Fiverr, click here then follow the instruction on this page or click on the explainer video below.
Video Tutorial: How To Start A Gig On Fiverr
How to create your Fiverr seller account and set up your profile
Step 1: Sign up for a Fiverr seller account
To join Fiverr as a new seller, click on the join button.
You can sign up for Fiverr with Google or Facebook accounts or just with your email.
Enter your email and click continue.
Choose your username and your password, then click on the join button.
Step 2: Activate your Fiverr account
Fiverr will send you an email to activate your account.
Check your mailbox, do not forget to check the spam folder if you cannot find the email.
Open the email and click on activate.
Now your account is active.
Step 3: Create your Fiverr seller profile
To create your profile as a seller, click on the button at the top-right corner.
In the dropdown menu, choose become a seller.
Now we are on the become a seller page.
Click on become a seller.
You will see some Fiverr guidelines and suggestions. Take the time to read them carefully. It is better to set up your profile the first time correctly. It will save you a lot of time and headaches in the future.
Then, click on continue.
Read these other suggestions on what makes a successful Fiverr profile.
And click on continue again.
Learn the rules and regulations of the platform. If you want to become a successful seller, you must play by the rule. Start small and climb the ladder. There really are plenty of opportunities to make money the right way.
Then, click on continue.
Now you need to build this step form.
First, add personal information:
- Enter your name.
- Upload a profile picture.
- Add a description.
- Add your languages.
- Click on continue.
Next, add your professional information: select your occupation, add your skills, enter your education, qualification, and any other certifications. Some buyers pay attention to these details to decide if the seller is a good fit.
It is important to showcase all the skills showing that you are qualified for doing a job. If you do not have much to write here, it is okay. Instead, make sure to include later some of the best samples of your work.
Now, you are on a page where you can link to your social media accounts. Some sellers know how to use social media to drive traffic to their gigs. You decide if it is something that can benefit you.
To make your account more secure, add your mobile phone number. Fiverr will verify your number through a text message or a call.
Enter the 4-digit code you receive on your cellphone.
Submit the code to complete the verification.
Add a security question.
It should be something you will easily remember. Now your profile creation process is complete.
Click on finish.
Six steps to creating a Fiverr gig
You can create your first Fiverr gig in six easy steps.
Be careful, do not skip any of them.
Let’s create our first gig.
Step 1: Complete the overview
Add a title. A good title is extremely important for your ranking and may prompt more people to click on your gig. Select the category relevant to your services. Add search tags. Tags are keywords that help you rank better and get found by your future customers. Click on continue.
Step 2: Complete the pricing section.
Add your prices. You can select to offer one, two, or three packages. Add all the required information. You can also offer extras. Continue.
Step 3: Enter your gig description.
A description is essential to attract customers. It says more about your offer. A thorough and detailed description will avoid back-and-forth emails from customers asking for extra information.
Step 4: Fill up requirements
Be clear and very specific about your requirements. It will help you avoid conflicts with clients and also save time. There is nothing much frustrating for a buyer to place an order and to discover later that he add to provide a bunch of extra information. And click continue.
Step 5: Complete the gallery section.
Now we are in the Gallery section, where you can add your gig images, videos, PDFs, or audio files to showcase your talent. The content you add here will give you the edge other your competitor.
What you can do is more important for the buyer than your degree or qualification. Try to have the best samples possible because this will help you get your first clients.
Click on continue.
Step 6: Publish your gig
Check if you filled out everything correctly then click on publish.
That is all! Now your gig is now active.
23 tips to creating a successful Fiver gig
As a new seller, it is hard to compete with established sellers who have hundreds of positive reviews and existing customers. But even these successful sellers had to start at the bottom. Here are what you can do to find your first customers and grow your Fiverr gigs:
- Offer better prices
- Know your skills and create gigs around them
- Have faster delivery time
- Improve existing offers
- Refer to the best performing competitor
- Write an SEO and click-worthy title
- Write a detailed and SEO-friendly description
- Offer something new
- Find a small niche with little competition and high demand
- Think outside the box
- Have a quick response time
- Download the Fiverr app
- Create 3-4 gigs and evaluate how each of them performs
- Duplicate your successful gigs to get more orders
- Communicate with your client
- Get your first positive feedback
- In the beginning, focus on getting good reviews, not on the money
- Create offers for which you can get repeat customers
- Make a professional video for each gig
- Add good profile pictures
- Offer gigs extra to maximize your earnings
- Learn how to use buyer requests
- Use Fiver Learn to acquire the skills you need to develop your gigs
Fiverr Learn offers many courses and training that will help you start selling. They are usually short and design to teach a specific skill in the most effective way. This is the best place to sharpen your skills and learn from instructors that know how Fiverr works.
You can also use LinkedIn Learning to learn more about freelancing and improve your skills. You will find many tutorials and full online training such as Selling a service on Fiverr or Building your reputation on competition and gigs. The last time I checked, LinkedIn Learning offered 42 training related to freelancing on Fiverr.
Fiverr gigs ideas | Gigs title for Fiverr
For a new seller, it can be hard to find profitable niche ideas suitable for beginners. Offering gigs like GIS services are also great ways to gain some experience before applying for highly qualified jobs.
I think, there are only four essential elements to consider while brainstorming for gigs ideas:
- The demand
- My knowledge
- Potential earnings
Where there is demand, there surely is money to be made, even in competitive niches. If you cannot find ideas outside competitive niches, you need to innovate or offer a service bundle.
Here are 10 Fiverr gig ideas and gigs title ideas:
Social media designs and Infographics: Content creation is among the tasks that social media influencers and online entrepreneurs outsource. It is possible to create gigs for designing Pinterest pins, Instagram posts, YouTube thumbnails, and any other social media.
- I will design 15 social media posts, social media post design
- I will design trendy graphics for social media
- I will design beautiful, scroll stopping social media templates
- I will design Canva templates for social media posts, ads, carousel
Videos captions and subtitles: It is a high-demand skill in 2021 on Fiverr that does not require a lot of time to master. You can learn how to do it in a few days by using tools like subtitle.com. It is possible to sign up for a free account and start creating video subtitles and captions.
- I will add subtitles and captions to your video in 24 hrs
- I will add closed captions or subtitles to your YouTube video
- I will add professional synced subtitles or captions to your video
Zoom virtual backgrounds: The video conferencing software zoom has gained popularity since the beginning of the pandemic. It has created a demand for anything related to online conferencing.
You can offer zoom virtual background creation on your gigs. Using Canva is a great way to make custom virtual backgrounds for zoom or other video conferencing software.
- I will create a branded zoom virtual background with your logo
- I will design a custom zoom virtual background with your logo
- I will create corporate zoom virtual background in 1 hour
Transcription: This is not exactly a low-competition niche, but it can still be worth opening a transcription gig on Fiverr. Specialized transcriptionist like medical transcription still has a decent number of sellers. It is not hard to learn, and many tools can make the process easy.
If you need a video script with timestamps, you can upload it on YouTube as unlisted or private and get the transcript. Many words processor such as Microsoft word has a built-in voice to speech. The software will do most of the hard work, and you need to edit and correct a few mistakes.
To get an even better result, use the free or paid plan of Grammarly that will fix any grammar mistake. Here are some ideas for creating your Fiverr transcription gigs:
- I will provide quality audio and video transcription
- I will do accurate Italian audio-video transcriptions in 24 hours
- I will transcribe audio and do video transcription in Chinese
- I will do impeccable podcasts and YouTube transcriptions
It would be better to also create other gigs in less competitive niches to increase your chance of getting found on the platform.
Writing service bundle: We know that there are plenty of sellers offering writing services on Fiverr. If you are a skilled writer, you can open multiple specific gigs providing writing. Here are some ideas for creating your Fiverr writing gigs:
- I will write and publish unique article on your WordPress blog
- I will do keyword research, article outline, and write your article
- I will write your article and create a PowerPoint presentation
You can set up gig extras to create the bundles or offer them in your premium packages.
Virtual event assistant: Since most people work from home, companies are looking for experts to manage their remote workforce. Many businesses and individuals need help to organize virtual events. Here are some Fiver gig ideas for virtual event assistant gigs:
- I will manage your zoom event.
- I will manage your event on Eventbrite
- I will assist you with your webinar
These are simply a few examples of how you can help workers and employers overcome the new challenges of working remotely.
Entertainment gigs: More than ever, people are looking for entertainment. Your services can be for companies or individuals. You can get paid for simply recording a funny video in a specific place or outfit. Here are some Fiver gig ideas for entertainment:
- I will write entertainment contracts according to your business needs
- I will write your entertaining YouTube script
- I will act in commercials and entertainment videos
- I will write and publish a professional press release for your music
Video creation: Some may argue that the video creation niche is saturated on Fiverr. And it is partially true. But video creation is a time-consuming task that most companies and influencers prefer to outsource. You can have returning customers willing to pay over $100 for a single video. Here are a few Fiverr gigs ideas for video creation:
- I will do the best video creation for Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook ad
- I will be your YouTube content creator and channel video creator
- I will create storytelling cartoons or 2d explainer videos
- I will create a medical or healthcare 2d animated explainer video
Voice-over artist: There is no shortage of voice-over buyers on Fiverr. Even with a fearless competition, you can still get your chance. Think about what the other buyers are not offering and could be in demand. I have compiled here a few gig titles of some successful Fiverr new sellers offering voice services:
- I will record a sympathetic German female voice spoken voice-over (+150 orders)
- I will produce a killer American female voice over in 48hrs (+158 orders)
- I will record an amazing phone system voice-over and hold music in 48hrs (+33 orders)
- I will record a pro-South African female voice over (+337 orders)
For the last gig, the South African woman charges $10 for 50 words. It means she had made $3,370. Minus the 20% Fiverr fee, she earned $2,696 as a new seller.
Virtual assistant: This is a perfect gig for the ones who want to work from home. A virtual assistant can do about anything to help a business grow. Think about trends and new needs for companies and individuals. Here are some Fiver gig ideas for virtual assistants:
- I will be your ClickFunnels virtual assistant
- I will be your virtual administrative assistant
- I will be your virtual assistant for …
- I will do data entry, web research, data mining, copy-paste, typing in 24 hours
Ads design and advertising: Companies and online entrepreneurs are spending billions on digital advertising each year. It was expected to reach 526 billion dollars by 2023. Many small businesses and influencers prefer to outsource advertising.
Do some research to find what they need and how you can help them make more money. Here are some Fiverr gig ideas for advertising:
- I will design awesome google banner ads for AdWords display ads
- I will set up, manage and optimize amazon PPC campaign ads, amazon advertising
- I will set up Facebook marketing, FB advertising, Instagram ads with FB ads campaigns
- I will set up google analytics, tag manager, ad conversions, Facebook pixel
- I will design professional and high converting Facebook ads covers
Boost Your Earnings With The Fiverr Affiliate Program
By becoming a Fiverr affiliate you add another income stream that has the potential to make you more money than your own gigs. You can earn up to $100 for a single referral. This is not about promoting your gig but instead promoting in-demand expensive gigs that are not your direct competitors.
Fiverr also offer a sub-affiliate program. If an affiliate subscribes using your link you will get a 10% on every sale. If you can get many affiliates, the commissions can add up quickly.
Remember that many of the buyers are business owners that value their time much than money. Create valuable offers that can help them grow their business and save time. As a new seller or a Fiverr affiliate, go above and beyond, and you will be rewarded.
You may have days when you feel like quitting, but if you have a good offer and try long enough, you may achieve financial freedom with your Fiverr gigs while working from home. To learn more about Fiverr, download the full report on the journey of a real Fiverr level 2 seller.
To create a gig on Fiverr, you will need a stable internet connexion and desktop. From what I know, it is not possible to create a gig on the Fiverr mobile app, but things may change. For example, creating a gig for data entry is common, but you may face steep competition.
After you edit and post your gig, you can benefit from Fiverr SEO or promote your gig on social media to get more exposure. To make money on Fiverr as a seller, you can try non-competitive niches or find a way to differentiate from other sellers.