Side Hustles in Georgia
Are you seeking ways to boost your income and explore new business opportunities? This article covers many side hustles in Georgia suitable for full-time employees or anyone with a specific skill set.
Discover the best way to make money on the side in Atlanta, Dallas, Columbus, and other Georgia Cities. Whether you are a college student looking to make ends meet, a stay-at-home mom seeking to contribute to the family income, or a professional working remotely and aiming to boost your earnings, this article is your go-to guide.
In today’s gig economy, the contribution of side hustles is undeniable. They offer an avenue to make extra cash, even for those without experience.
However, other high-paying side jobs suitable for digital nomads may require longer commitment and experience. For example, a social marketing specialist at Siemens Industry Software Inc. can make from $76,500 to $137,700, and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation.
26 Best Side Hustles in Georgia To Create An Extra Income Stream
From part-time jobs to freelance gigs, here are some of the best side hustles in Georgia that can help you tap into the gig economy and bring in that extra income you’ve been looking for.
In Georgia, working as an assistant offers a versatile and dynamic opportunity. This role can vary from administrative tasks to personal errands, catering to various clients, from corporate executives to busy families.
- Responsibilities: Scheduling appointments, managing emails, organizing events, handling phone calls.
- Skills Required: Organizational abilities, communication skills, time management, proficiency in basic computer applications.
- Potential Employers: Small businesses, corporate offices, private households, entrepreneurs.
- Resources: LinkedIn, Emory Jobs, Walmart Career
Some local agencies and online platforms for job seekers in Georgia include Rover, SitterTree, Postmates, Turo, and SpareHire.
Assistants in Georgia can find opportunities in various sectors, making it an adaptable choice for those with strong organizational skills. It is a flexible side job that enables you to develop a broad skill set.
Blogging in Georgia has become a lucrative side hustle for those with a knack for writing and digital marketing. It allows individuals to share their expertise or passions while earning through various channels.
- Responsibilities: Content creation, SEO optimization, social media management, and audience engagement.
- Skills Required: Writing skills, basic SEO knowledge, creativity, and understanding of social media platforms.
- Potential Employers: Self-employment, digital marketing agencies, online publications.
- Resources: The Affiliate Lab by Matt Diggity, Income School, Ahrefs blogging course,
As a blogging expert, you can explore diverse topics and build a personal brand. A successful blog requires time and many skills that many business owners lack. You can be the one helping them publish content that ranks higher to make money selling their products or make affiliate commissions.
Offering cleaning services in Georgia is a practical side job for detail-oriented people who enjoy organizing spaces. This job can range from residential cleaning to specialized services like office or industrial cleaning.
- Responsibilities: Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, organizing spaces, and deep cleaning tasks.
- Skills Required: Attention to detail, physical stamina, reliability, knowledge of cleaning products and techniques.
- Potential Employers: Homeowners, commercial businesses, and cleaning companies.
- Resources: HomeaGlow, Craigslist, PruittHealth Housekeeper HCC in Atlanta, LinkedIn
Cleaning services are in demand and enable you to have repeat customers. It’s suitable for individuals who take pride in meticulous work and seek a physically active job role.
Clothing alterations in Georgia present a unique opportunity for those with sewing skills and an eye for detail. This side job caters to individuals needing custom fitting for their garments, from formal wear to everyday clothing.
- Responsibilities: Measuring, altering, repairing garments, custom tailoring.
- Skills Required: Sewing skills, precision, understanding of fabrics, and customer service.
- Potential Employers: Tailor shops, bridal stores, self-employment.
- Resources: Salary.com, TAILORING JOBS & RECRUITMENT Facebook Group
Clothing alterations allow for flexible working hours and offer the satisfaction of providing a personalized service. It would help if you enjoy working with your hands and have the skills to create custom garments.
Crafts and Handmade Products
Creating and selling crafts and handmade products in Georgia taps into the growing market for unique, artisanal items. This side job is perfect for creative people who enjoy making things by hand.
- Responsibilities: Designing, creating, and marketing handmade products.
- Skills Required: Creativity, craftsmanship, marketing, online sales platforms.
- Potential Employers: Online marketplaces, craft fairs, local boutiques.
This endeavor allows for artistic expression and connects you with a community of craft lovers. It’s a fulfilling side job idea for those who want to turn their hobby into a profitable venture.
Creative Side Jobs
Creative side jobs in Georgia encompass various activities, from graphic design to photography. These roles are ideal for individuals with artistic talent looking to monetize their creativity.
- Responsibilities: Depending on the field, I create designs, capture photographs, and write content.
- Skills Required: Creativity, technical skills in specific art forms, self-marketing.
- Potential Employers: Freelance clients, small businesses, online platforms.
These jobs offer immense flexibility and the chance to build a diverse portfolio. They are perfect for those who seek variety in their work and wish to engage with different projects and clients.
Delivery Driver in Buckhead
Being a delivery driver in Buckhead, Atlanta, offers a beginner-friendly way to earn extra income. This role is in high demand, especially with the exceptional growth of online shopping and delivery services.
- Responsibilities: Transporting goods, navigating routes, and customer interaction.
- Skills Required: Driving skills, time management, customer service, knowledge of local areas.
- Potential Employers: Delivery companies, restaurants, courier services.
This job is flexible regarding hours and allows exploring different parts of the city. It can represent an additional income stream for people who enjoy driving and are looking for a straightforward, active job.
Delivery services in Georgia offer a flexible and in-demand side job, especially in urban areas. This role suits those who enjoy being on the move and provides a vital service, delivering everything from food to parcels.
- Responsibilities: Picking up and delivering various items, route planning, timely delivery, and customer interaction.
- Skills Required: Reliable transportation, navigation skills, punctuality, and customer service.
- Potential Employers: Food delivery apps, courier companies, and e-commerce platforms.
This job offers not only the freedom to work independently but also the chance to explore different neighborhoods. It’s ideal for those who seek a flexible schedule and enjoy driving or biking.
Digital Marketing Expert
Being a digital marketing expert in Georgia’s growing digital landscape offers vast opportunities. This role is perfect for tech-savvy people who understand the digital world, from social media to SEO.
- Responsibilities: Developing digital marketing strategies, managing social media, SEO, and content marketing.
- Skills Required: Knowledge of digital marketing tools, analytical skills, creativity, and understanding of online trends.
- Potential Employers: Marketing agencies, small businesses, self-employment.
This side job allows for remote work and flexible hours and keeps you at the forefront of digital trends. It’s an excellent fit for those passionate about digital and marketing.
Freelancing – Flexible and Lucrative Side Hustle
Freelancing in Georgia offers a flexible side hustle, ideal for those with skills in various fields. It allows you to work on a per-project basis and manage your schedule.
Platforms for Freelancers: Websites like Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer.com help connect freelancers with clients. They assist in project management and payments, helping freelancers find gigs, showcase skills, and build portfolios.
Flexibility and Benefits: Freelancing allows you to conveniently choose projects, set rates, and work. It’s suitable for balancing other commitments or pursuing passion projects.
Popular Freelancing Fields in Georgia:
- Graphic Designers: Offering design services to businesses and individuals.
- Writers: In-demand for blog posts, articles, website copy, etc.
- Website Developers: Lucrative opportunities in website design, development, and maintenance.
- Skilled Mechanics: Providing automotive, electrical, or mechanical repair services.
- Bookkeepers: Profitable for those with accounting knowledge, helping businesses with financial record-keeping.
Freelance writing is a versatile and creative job, ideal for those with a flair for words. This role spans various genres, from technical writing to blogging, offering opportunities in numerous industries.
- Responsibilities: Writing articles, blogs, scripts, technical documents, editing and proofreading.
- Skills Required: Strong writing skills, research ability, adherence to deadlines, and knowledge of different writing styles.
- Potential Employers: Online publications, corporate clients, content agencies, self-employment.
Freelance writing offers the flexibility of working from anywhere and the chance to explore diverse topics. It’s perfect for those who love writing and seek a career that nurtures their creative talents.
Fun Paint Party Instructor Gig in Atlanta!
Leading a fun paint party in Atlanta is an exciting side job for those with artistic skills and a love for teaching. It’s a creative way to share your passion for art while providing an enjoyable experience.
- Responsibilities: Conducting painting sessions, guiding participants, setting up materials, and creating a fun atmosphere.
- Skills Required: Painting skills, communication, organization, ability to engage a group.
- Potential Employers: Art studios, event companies, private parties, self-employment.
You can express your creativity, connect with people, and create memorable experiences. It’s ideal for artists who enjoy social interaction and teaching in a relaxed environment.
Leaf Removal Service
Leaf removal services in Georgia provide a seasonal opportunity for those who enjoy outdoor work and have a knack for landscaping. This job is particularly in demand during the fall, helping homeowners and businesses maintain clean and tidy properties.
- Responsibilities: Removing leaves and yard debris, operating leaf blowers, lawn maintenance, and disposal of collected leaves.
- Skills Required: Physical stamina, operation of landscaping equipment, time management, customer service.
- Potential Employers: Landscaping companies, residential clients, and commercial properties.
This side job offers the satisfaction of physical work and the opportunity to work in different outdoor settings. It would help if you enjoy landscaping and seasonal work.
Lost Luggage Delivery Service Jobs in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta
Working in lost luggage delivery at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport offers a unique opportunity to assist travelers. This role is crucial in ensuring that misplaced luggage is returned to its rightful owner promptly and efficiently.
- Responsibilities: Retrieving lost luggage, coordinating delivery, customer communication, and navigating routes.
- Skills Required: Good driving record, navigation skills, customer service, and problem-solving.
- Potential Employers: Airport services, courier companies, airlines.
This job not only provides the chance to help others but also involves navigating one of the busiest airports in the world. It’s suitable for those who enjoy driving and excel in customer service.
Luxury Sales Consultant
A luxury sales consultant in Georgia caters to an upscale market, offering high-end products and services. This role requires a blend of sales expertise and knowledge of luxury goods, appealing to discerning customers.
- Responsibilities: Sales of luxury products, customer relationship management, product knowledge, meeting sales targets.
- Skills Required: Sales skills, knowledge of the luxury market, excellent communication, and customer service.
- Potential Employers: Luxury retail stores, boutiques, high-end dealerships.
This side job offers the potential for high earnings and the experience of working with exclusive products. It’s perfect for those with a passion for luxury goods and a talent for sales.
Managing Airbnb in Georgia is a lucrative side job for those interested in the hospitality industry. This role involves overseeing rental properties, ensuring guests have a pleasant stay, and maintaining high standards.
- Responsibilities: Property management, guest communication, cleaning and maintenance coordination, and online listing management.
- Skills Required: Organizational skills, communication, customer service, and basic maintenance knowledge.
- Potential Employers: Property owners, self-owned properties.
This job allows for flexibility in work hours and offers the chance to meet people worldwide.
Newspaper Delivery – Midnight (everyday positions only)
Midnight newspaper delivery in Georgia is an excellent side job for night owls. This role involves delivering newspapers to subscribers late, ensuring timely distribution before the morning.
- Responsibilities: Picking up newspapers, following a specified route, timely delivery, and maintaining delivery records.
- Skills Required: Reliable transportation, time management, ability to work independently, and navigation skills.
- Potential Employers: Newspaper companies and distribution agencies.
This job is perfect for those who prefer working outside conventional hours and enjoy solitary work. It offers the tranquility of night-time drives and the satisfaction of completing tasks before dawn.
Online tutoring in Georgia is rapidly growing, offering a flexible way to share knowledge and assist students. This role is ideal for experts in various subjects who can teach remotely.
- Responsibilities: Conducting online tutoring sessions, preparing educational material, assessing student progress, and providing feedback.
- Skills Required: Expertise in a specific subject, communication skills, familiarity with online teaching platforms, and patience.
- Potential Employers: Tutoring companies, educational institutions, self-employment.
This side job allows for a flexible schedule and the opportunity to significantly impact students’ learning journeys. It’s suitable for those who are passionate about education and comfortable with digital platforms.
Renting out assets such as a driveway, garage, room, or car
Renting out personal holdings in Georgia, like a driveway, garage, room, or car, is a passive income source. This approach capitalizes on unused space or vehicles, providing services to those in need.
- Responsibilities: Listing assets for rent, maintaining the condition of assets, managing bookings, and customer communication.
- Skills Required: Organizational skills, basic maintenance knowledge, customer service, marketing.
- Potential Employers: Self-employment through rental platforms.
This side job offers the advantage of earning income with minimal effort. It’s ideal for those looking to make the most of their unused assets and willing to engage with the sharing economy.
Sitting Jobs in Georgia
Sitting jobs in Georgia offer unique opportunities for those seeking a flexible and often less physically demanding side job. These roles are perfect for individuals who prefer a stationary work environment, whether pet sitting, house sitting, or office sitting.
- Responsibilities: Depending on the specific job, it could be caring for pets, maintaining a presence in a home or office, ensuring security, light housekeeping, or office duties.
- Skills Required: Dependability, trustworthiness, good communication, ability to follow instructions, and sometimes specific skills like pet care knowledge.
- Potential Employers: Pet owners, homeowners, and businesses requiring office sitting services.
For example, RoverATL offers a fantastic side hustle opportunity for pet lovers in Georgia. This platform enables you to earn up to $1,000 monthly by providing pet-sitting services like dog walking and overnight boarding.
Here’s a table showing 5 platforms for finding sitting jobs in Georgia, along with the types of jobs each platform offers:
|Types of Sitting Jobs Available
|Babysitting & Nanny Jobs
|Child Care, Tutoring, Senior Care, Pet Care, Housekeeping
|Babysitting Jobs, Nannying Jobs, Child Care Jobs, Special Needs Care Jobs, Senior Care Jobs, Pet Sitting Jobs
|Dog Boarding, House Sitting, Drop-In Visits, Doggy Day Care, Dog Walking, Dog Training with GoodPup
|Caregiver jobs, Child care, Senior care, Tutoring, Pet sitters, House managers
Babysitting in Georgia is a popular side job, especially for students and individuals who enjoy working with children. It’s a role that requires patience, creativity, and a caring nature.
- Responsibilities: Childcare, meal preparation, educational activities, bedtime routines.
- Skills Required: Patience, first aid knowledge, communication skills, and engaging in playful activities.
- Potential Employers: Families, childcare agencies, and community centers.
This job offers a flexible schedule and the rewarding experience of contributing to a child’s growth and well-being. Babysitters in Georgia can also expand their network through community connections and referrals.
Being a service technician in Georgia offers a hands-on, problem-solving side job. This role is ideal for those with technical skills and an interest in repairing and maintaining various equipment and machinery.
- Responsibilities: Diagnosing issues, repairing equipment, performing maintenance checks, and customer service.
- Skills Required: Technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, manual dexterity, customer communication.
- Potential Employers: Repair shops, manufacturing companies, self-employment.
This job not only provides the satisfaction of fixing problems but also offers a variety of challenges. It’s perfect for those who enjoy working with their hands and have a keen interest in technology and mechanics.
Social Media Management for a Small Business
Social media management for small businesses in Georgia is a dynamic and creative side job. It’s ideal for those who are savvy with social media platforms and understand audience engagement.
- Responsibilities: Creating content, managing social media accounts, engaging with followers, and analyzing performance.
- Skills Required: Knowledge of social media platforms, content creation, marketing skills, and analytical thinking.
- Potential Employers: Small businesses, marketing agencies, self-employment.
This role allows for creative expression and offers the chance to play a crucial role in a business’s growth. It’s convenient for those who enjoy digital marketing and communication.
Tech Setup Services
Offering tech setup services in Georgia, such as setting up home networks, smart devices, computers, and cell phones, presents a lucrative opportunity for those with technical skills.
The market is ripe with people willing to pay for expert assistance. Enhancing credibility through tech certifications and providing insurance and bonding can significantly boost your appeal in this field.
- Responsibilities: Installing hardware and software, configuring network settings, troubleshooting initial setup issues, and providing basic user training.
- Skills Required: Technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, patience, ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms.
- Potential Employers: Tech companies, retail stores offering tech services, self-employment for freelance tech support.
The demand for tech setup services keeps growing, especially with the increasing popularity of smart home devices. Services can range from Wi-Fi network setups to installing voice-controlled assistants and security systems.
To succeed, stay current with technological advancements and obtain relevant certifications.
Table: Tech Setup Services Comparison
|Home Network Setup
|$50 – $200+
|1 – 3 hours
|Smart Home Device Installation
|$50 – $150+
|Understanding of smart devices, electrical knowledge
|1 – 2 hours
|Computer Setup and Optimization
|$75 – $150+
|Hardware and software knowledge
|1 – 2 hours
|Cell Phone Setup and Data Transfer
|$25 – $75+
|Knowledge of different operating systems
|30 minutes – 1 hour
You can earn extra income and help others navigate the often confusing world of technology. You can turn your passion into a successful side hustle with the right skills, certifications, and marketing strategies.
Tutoring in Georgia is a rewarding side job, offering the opportunity to help students achieve their academic goals. This role suits individuals who are knowledgeable in specific subjects and enjoy teaching.
- Responsibilities: Providing academic assistance, preparing lesson plans, assessing student progress, and offering feedback.
- Skills Required: Expertise in a subject area, communication skills, patience, and ability to motivate students.
- Potential Employers: Educational institutions, tutoring centers, self-employment.
This job offers flexible hours and the fulfillment of contributing to someone’s educational journey. It’s ideal for those passionate about teaching and making a difference in students’ lives.
Virtual assistance in Georgia is a versatile and in-demand side job. It involves providing administrative support remotely, perfect for those who are organized and adept at managing various tasks.
- Responsibilities: Scheduling, email management, data entry, customer service.
- Skills Required: Organizational skills, proficiency in office software, time management, and communication skills.
- Potential Employers: Businesses, entrepreneurs, professionals.
This role offers the flexibility of working from home and the opportunity to assist in diverse business operations. It’s suitable for those who are self-motivated and enjoy administrative work.
Virtual Customer Service
Virtual customer service is a popular side job in Georgia, ideal for those with strong communication skills and a desire to help others. This role involves assisting customers remotely, providing support, and resolving issues.
- Responsibilities: Handling customer inquiries, providing product information, resolving complaints, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Skills Required: Communication skills, problem-solving, familiarity with customer service software, and patience.
- Potential Employers: Retail companies, service providers, tech companies.
This job allows for remote work and offers the chance to acquire valuable customer service skills. It’s for those who enjoy interacting with people and solving problems.
Wellness Consultant and Coach
As a wellness consultant and coach in Georgia, you can turn your passion for health and wellness into a fulfilling side job. This role is ideal for those who enjoy helping others achieve their wellness goals.
- Responsibilities: Providing wellness advice, creating personalized plans, coaching clients, and monitoring progress.
- Skills Required: Knowledge of wellness and health practices, motivational skills, communication, and empathy.
- Potential Employers: Wellness centers, gyms, self-employment.
This role offers the satisfaction of improving others’ well-being and the flexibility to work with various clients. It’s suitable for those dedicated to promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Additional Platforms And Resources For Job Seekers In Delaware
This table offers a general overview of the types of jobs available on each platform.
|Description of Job Opportunities
|Georgia Department of Labor
|Offers a comprehensive range of job openings across various sectors, including resources for job loss, new job searches, and career guidance.
|UGA Job Search
|Focuses on academic and administrative positions at the University of Georgia, catering to different professional and educational roles.
|Features diverse career opportunities in Georgia’s state government, covering roles from administrative to specialized state services across 100 entities.
|Georgia Department of Labor
|Provides job listings focused on immediate hiring needs across various industries, with a system to search for jobs in specific locations and categories.
|Georgia Department of Education
|Lists job opportunities within the Georgia Department of Education, including educational and administrative positions.
|Georgia Department of Natural Resources
|Offers positions related to environmental conservation, wildlife management, and state park operations, focusing on natural resource management.
|Georgia Department of Public Health
|Features health-related careers in public health administration, nursing, health education, and more, with opportunities for both internal and external candidates.
|A comprehensive job search tool listing many job openings across multiple industries, integrating labor exchange services for employers and job seekers.
|Provides job opportunities in economic development, business investment, and related fields within the state of Georgia, including positions at the Georgia Department of Economic Development.
For detailed and updated job listings, visiting each website individually is recommended.
Georgia’s dynamic job market offers a variety of side hustles catering to different skills, experiences, and lifestyles.
- Side Hustles for College Students: Georgia offers a range of flexible job opportunities for students, such as tutoring, delivery services, and campus-based roles. These jobs can fit around academic schedules and provide valuable work experience.
- Making Money as a Stay-at-Home Mom/Dad: A stay-at-home parent in Georgia can explore various income streams like freelance writing, virtual assistance, or crafting and selling handmade products, allowing them to work from home and manage family responsibilities.
- Earning Extra Cash While Working Remotely: Remote workers can supplement their income through online tutoring, digital marketing, or content creation. These side hustles leverage digital skills and offer the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- Side Hustles That Require No Experience: For those starting with little to no experience, Georgia presents options like pet sitting, house sitting, or basic delivery services, which require minimal prior knowledge and offer on-the-job learning.
- High-Paying Side Hustles: More lucrative options in Georgia include tech setup services, wellness consulting, or luxury sales consultancy. These roles often demand specific skills or expertise but offer higher financial rewards.
- Part-Time Work: Traditional part-time retail, hospitality, or administrative support jobs are widely available in Georgia. These roles provide steady income and can sometimes lead to full-time opportunities.
- Gig Economy: The gig economy in Georgia is thriving, offering diverse opportunities like ride-sharing, food delivery, or freelance project work. These gigs provide high flexibility and control over work hours and earnings.
- Online Side Hustles: The online realm in Georgia is ripe with opportunities such as blogging, social media management, or e-commerce. These hustles are ideal for those looking to leverage the Internet for business and can often be started with minimal investment.
Whether you’re a student, a stay-at-home parent, or someone looking to supplement your income, a side hustle in Georgia can fit your needs and help you improve your financial status.
How can I start offering pet sitting services through RoverATL?
To start offering pet sitting services through RoverATL, you can create a profile on the platform, set your rates and availability, and offer services such as walking and boarding. It’s a great way to earn money while spending time with furry friends.
What types of freelancing jobs are in high demand in Georgia?
There is high demand for freelancers in fields such as graphic design, writing, website development, mechanics, and bookkeeping. Platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer.com connect freelancers with clients and handle project management and payments.
How can I offer tech setup services in Georgia?
If you have a knack for setting up home networks, smart home devices, computers, and cell phones, you can offer tech setup services in Georgia. Many people need assistance with these tasks and are willing to pay for tech-savvy individuals to handle the setup. Obtaining tech certifications and offering insurance and bonding can boost credibility in this field.
Are there opportunities for everyone in Georgia’s side hustle scene?
Absolutely! Georgia offers a range of popular side hustles that can help individuals earn extra income and pursue their passions. Whether you’re looking for a flexible schedule or want to tap into your specific skill set, there are opportunities for everyone to supplement their income and explore new business ideas.